- There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Site. When using our Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy; and
- You must be over 16 years of age to register for and/or use this Site.
- Our Site is made available free of charge. Access to our Site is provided on a discretionary basis, and we reserve the right to update, change, suspend or withdraw the Site at any time without notice or liability. We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site at any time for any reason although we will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Information about us and how to contact us
The Site is owned and managed by the Finding My Way UK Research Team at the University of Chester, whose offices are located at the School of Psychology, University of Chester, Parkgate Road, Chester, CH1 4BJ, for the benefit of the Finding My Way UK project.
- To contact us, please email email@example.com
- About the Project
5.1 Working in collaboration with a team of national and international researchers and other cancer survivors, Finding My Way UK is a new research study programme funded by North West Cancer Research. The Project is an adaptation and replication of an existing Australian online cognitive behavioural therapy programme for recently-diagnosed cancer survivors which has been adapted for use in the UK.
5.2 The research will be directly conducted by researchers at the University of Chester.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
- Our Site is only for users in the UK
Our Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- You must keep your account details safe
8.1 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
8.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How you may use material on our Site
- Do not rely on information on this Site
- Your access to and use of this Site (including any content) is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Site is provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, secure, complete, fit for purpose or up to date and we make no representations or warranties in relation to any medical information on this Site.
- Nothing contained on this Site is intended to be a substitute for independent professional judgment, advice, diagnosis or treatment. It is for you to satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the Site to meet your own needs.
- We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures or opinions or other information that may be accessed on or via this Site or any linked websites.
- All implied warranties and representations are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Your Information
- The Site is not a digital repository for the long-term storage or preservation of your information. Your information will be deleted on 31 December 2022.
- You accept that the world wide web is an insecure public network that gives rise to potential risk that your information may be intercepted or modified by unauthorised third parties and that any information you download may contain viruses or other defects. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Site and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Site, we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Site and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of software and equipment) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, your access to and use of the Site will be entirely your own risk.
- You should notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorised use of your account.
- Uploading content to our Site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to store data relating to your use of the Site and its contents.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- Rules about linking to our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The websitein which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes
- Trade Marks and Logos
Trade Marks and Logos included on our Site are the trademarks and logos of their respective owners and may not be used without the owner’s written consent.